BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 10, 2008

Beauty

Well, I was looking at the new photo that I just uploaded for the title of my blog, and I was thinking about the expression "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", and it dawned on me just how true that is. I don't think that there is an object of art, scenery, or anything else for that matter that is awe inspiring in every single person. For every masterpiece there are a few people who don't like it. Some things are just generally accepted to be beautiful, but there is always the odd few out who disagree. Even in people, no one can be just called 'beautiful' because of how relative that is. Those stunning men/women out there in the media are called, in the general sense, gorgeous, beautiful, etc... but still there are people who look upon them and say 'they're not that bad, but meh, it could be alot better'. I think that it's great that we all have our own ideas of beauty, because then there is always someone to challenge or opinion of beauty, and we will have to defend it, and in the process learn to appreciate the wonders of the object even more so.

I would use the word beautiful to describe music, or a painting, or possibly a landscape, although I lean more towards the music that the others, for the main reason of how much music I listen to, and how much my life is immersed in it. I call a masterpiece written for a cello beautiful; I call a painting by monet or van gogh beautiful.

I think the world needs more beauty in it. Nowadays we're surrounded by cold buildings and pollution, which blot out the natural and man made beauty of the world that we live in. Hopefully someone else besides the people without voice learns this, and makes a change.

Until the next post,
jm


p.s. It feels great to get back to blogging again

0 comments: