BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 28, 2008

My Boston Trip, day 1

Well, for the first day, we left the house at the unholy hour of 8:30. We then drove forever to Montreal, spent hours in traffic, then went south to the border.

Ah, the glorious cliche that is "south to the border", it makes us sound like such amazing refugees. Well, anyways, the border crossing was quite interesting, we sorta waited for 45 minutes in a long line of cars, with license plates from all over Canada and the U.S.

So we were there, the next car to be checked, when an enormous grasshopper came flying through the open window, onto my brother's arm, which then caused a chain reaction of freak-outs from everyone in the car but me, and I hit it out the window with a map eventually. It was sad. And, I might add, we probably looked like complete idiots from the point of view of the border guards. It looked probably like a family suddenly spazzing for no reason, then one of them is calmly hitting something, and they all quiet down... we come across as a really weird family at times...

Well, after crossing the border, we drove alongside of lake Champlain for a bit, not much really happened, then we got lost in a town of only 4 streets [please don't ask how] and we finally found our way back onto the highway. We went through many small towns, across a lot of rivers, and alongside a multitude of mountains, but there really wasn't much interesting to see, so I put on the Brandenburg concertos on my mp3, and slept for 4 hours, and when I woke up, we had finally arrived in Randolph, 10mins south of downtown Boston.

So the hotel, well, not exactly what I was hoping for, but good enough nonetheless [I was hoping for a 5star hotel, but my parents are saving up for the vacation next year to Australia/India/China/Italy/Spain/Mexico/Greece/U.K./ or wherever]. So I walked into the Holiday Inn [(N)] and the first thing I heard was the delightful sound of Bostoners with ACCENTS. Yes, these people sound somewhere between rednecks, British people, and Canadians. It's quite amusing, but I wouldn't say that directly to them.

So now, I'm here, in room 115 on the main floor, sharing a room with my brother [we have separate queen size beds though], and I finally got my wi-fi set up, so I can blog this right now, and I'm waiting for supper, since the time is about right.

I must bid you adieu for now, for the day has been reviewed as much as possible for a simple drive through New England. I will keep you all posted for the duration of my trip here.

Until later,
jm

0 comments: