BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Waking up, it seems, is no meager accomplishment

Hello again, well, it turns out that I just woke up... so my mind is not exactly working at an optimal level. But right now, I want to talk to you about waking up.

Many people relish the opportunity to just wake up, and sit/lie in bed, enjoying the comforting warmth emenating from their bed. Other just can't wait to get up and move on to the next task or activity. I feel that people should learn to just sit there and be happy, no so pressured to move onto the next task. I, myself, sleep for a while then wake up, and stay in bed for about 2hrs after I have woken up. Now, that may just be me, but I feel that is the way to get the most out of your day, by relaxing as long as you can in the morning.

Anyways, I wake up, stay in bed for a few hours, then proceed downstairs for breakfast [or lunch, like today when I woke up at about 12:00pm] and eat for a bit. I then work my way back upstairs to get my laptop, which I bring downstairs onto the couch so I can blog, facebook, msn, whatever seems to be the most necessary at the time.

Facebook. I bet you got a flood of thoughts when you read that word. [Ouch, don't you hate that past-tense read {I have read something} and the present-tense read {I'm going to read this book} are spelt exactly the same? It's extremely irratating for me to read {<-- again!} something and to suddenly question their grammar. It irks me when incorrect grammar is used regularly, {small mistakes are fine once in a while} and so that combination of read/read has plagued me since I began reading... many years ago. Now to get back on track] Well, facebook is something that most of my readers probably think about and work on everyday, possibly multiple times a day, or like me, who has it open constantly in a seperate tab on my internet explorer. It is a social networking place that consumes you, and pulls you into a vortex of which there is no return, ever.

Msn, or "instant messaging" is a type of chat most people use [by people I reference kids and teenagers] to talk with eachother without running up phonebills. A chat with instantly delivered messages almost eliminates the use of the phone in my generation.

I'm listening to a song right now on the radio [magic 100.3, not that I like the station, but my parents left home 3hrs ago, and left it on, and I'm blogging, and when I get going, I don't like to stop] and it's kind of whiny, with the male singer a bit nasaly, and it's annoying the heck out of me, because I'm not really all for the happy/life rocks socks lyrics. They can be a nice change of pace from time to time, and anyways, the song is a ballad, and ballads aren't really my thing [with the exception of the third temptation of paris] because my musical tastes lie around metal, death metal, deathcore, screamo and those sorta genres. But to get back on track, the song isn't all that great, but that singer probably has legions of adoring fans... oh well, people's interests can vary widly I guess. I just wish people didn't shoot down so many genres/artists/songs before giving them a chance.

This is really starting to be a rant, isn't it? Ah well, I'm just the sort of person to look at things and see multiple views on the same topic/object. And so that's why I like to rant, it becomes alot of fun, just to write down your opinions and your thoughts, so that other people can read them and give thought about them.

Well, I must depart, for what mind can produce work at such a rate without proper rest, and rejuvination? None, that is how many. So zai jian, aurevoir, chiao and farewell until later today.

jm

0 comments: